- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files received by your terminal from the website visited that register certain interactions when browsing a website by storing data that can be updated and retrieved. These files are stored on the user’s computer and contain anonymous data that do not harm your equipment. They are used to remember the user’s preferences such as the language selected, access data and page personalisation.
Cookies can also be used to record anonymous information about how a visitor uses a site such as the website they’ve come from or whether an advertising banner has been used as a link.
Our sites may also have links to social media (such as Facebook and Twitter). XEVI ESTUDI, S.L. does not control the cookies used by these external websites. For more information on the cookies used by social media and other external websites, we recommend you check their own cookie policies.
This website uses the following types of cookie:
- Google ANALYTICS cookies: Google ANALYTICS is a free service offered by Google Inc. that gathers information on the pages of the website consulted such as the time, the internet browser used, etc. This information is then sent to Google Inc.’s servers in the United States.
• “Add-this” application cookies: “Add-this” is a free service that allows you to share pages from this website via different media (email, social media, etc.). “Add-this” gathers statistical information from your browser to provide advertising adapted to your browsing habits on this website or any other place.
- HOW ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIE USED?
According to their purpose:
- Technical: the cookies that are essential and strictly necessary for a website to function correctly and to use the different options and services offered. For example, those used to maintain the session, manage response time, performance or validate options, for security, to share content on social media, etc.
• Personalisation: the cookies that allow users to specify or personalise some features of the website’s general options, such as setting the language, regional configuration or type of browser.
• Analytical: cookies used by our website to produce browser profiles and define the preferences of the people using our website in order to improve the products and services offered. For example, an analytical cookie can help to monitor the geographical area or product a user would be most interested in, etc.
• Advertising: these cookies help to manage advertising spaces based on specific criteria, such as how frequently a website is visited, the content edited, etc. In order to manage advertising, these cookies store information on behaviours by tracking habits, studying visits and creating a profile of user preferences to offer advertising related to the interests contained in this profile.
According to the period of time:
- Session cookies: these last the time the user is browsing the website and are erased afterwards.
• Persistent cookies: these are stored in the user’s device for a longer period of time, thereby helping to monitor the preferences chosen so that certain parameters do not have to be repeated each time the user visits the website in question.
- WHAT IF I DON’T WANT THESE COOKIES OR DO NOTHING ABOUT IT?
If you nevertheless wish to modify the settings for website access, you should note that you can erase cookies or stop this information from being stored on your device at any time by altering your browser settings:
- Internet Explorer cookie settings.
• Firefox cookie settings.
• Google Chrome cookie settings.
• Safari cookie settings.
These browsers are liable to be altered or modified, so we cannot guarantee they are totally in accordance with your browser version. You may also use a browser that is not contained on this list of links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid such problems you can check your browser settings directly, generally via the Options menu, in the “Privacy” section (please consult the Help section of your browser for more information).
- WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?